Hummelstown Swim Club Annual Newsletter/COVID-19 Guidelines (2021)
Please read each year for updated HSC information
Guests in Reserved Pavilions
An individual, regardless of age, in swimming attire or street clothes, will be charged a guest fee of $6 per person, per day.
- You, as the member, are responsible for your guest(s) and should remain at the pool with your guest(s).
Senior Citizen Privileges
- A senior citizen, with PROOF of age 60, may use the HSC facilities by paying a $5 senior guest fee.
- Membership or member sponsor is not required.
- Does not include guest privileges or the scheduling of a pavilion for a party.
- When signing the guest log at the desk a senior citizen should sign in as “senior” in place of residency.
- HSC members who babysit for non-members during the summer should realize that these children may not be brought to the pool as guests.
- Children with memberships may bring a babysitter (in swimming attire or street clothes) to the pool as a guest, paying the guest fee.
- The babysitter does not have to be a HSC member.
- A babysitter is taking the place of a parent, who should not be present at the pool at the same time.
- When signing the guest log at the desk a babysitter should sign in as “babysitter” in place of residency.
- Only adult members may schedule pavilions for parties, outings, etc.
- A non-refundable rental fee of $50 pavilions must be made in order to hold the scheduled date.
- All non-member guests (swimming or non-swimming) must pay a $6 guest fee to use the facilities.
- Know the swimming ability of your guests; supervise non-swimmers at all times.
- In the case of inclement weather or an unforeseen event which does not permit the opening of the pool, pavilion access from the outside entrance will be provided.
- Pavilions may be reserved before the summer season begins starting in January of the current year.
- Prior to Memorial Day Weekend call 717- 566-2604 (manager) to reserve; starting Memorial Day Weekend see the lifeguard at the desk to reserve.
- Group party rules and a guest sign-in form will be given to you on the day of your scheduled event.
- Please complete the guest sign-in form and return with payment to the lifeguards at the desk.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed!
- Pavilion lavatories are only for the use of the scheduled parties.
- You are responsible for your guests the entire time.
- Remember, you are responsible for cleanup after your party. See posted instructions and pavilion rules handout.
- Pavilions may not be reserved on Memorial Day, Relay Invitational, July 4th, Guest Days, Adult Steak Night, or Labor Day.
Smoking and Alcohol
- The HSC is a smoke-free and alcohol-free facility.
- There will be no smoking or use of other tobacco products allowed on the premises, including the outside entrances to pavilions.
- The designated area for smoking is outside the main entrance gate ONLY.
- Violators will be suspended indefinitely.
- Please follow the traffic pattern indicated by arrows in the parking lot.
- There are designated handicapped parking spaces for use with disability placard or plate.
- There are also designated parking spaces for lifeguards who are on duty.
- Overflow parking will be available on the lower lot (beyond the recreation area), as needed. Please use good discretion on parking patterns.
- Do not park on Kokomo Avenue or in unmarked spaces.
Hummelstown Swim Team
For more information see the following:
- No pool or recreational equipment will be provided.
- Umbrellas will not be provided.
- Basketball and tennis courts will be available for members. Please see a lifeguard at the front desk to enter these recreation areas.
Special Events (suspended for 2021 season)
- On July 4th and Labor Day, the swim club will provide hot dog for members that sign up at the front desk prior to the event.
- Late Night Swims will be held for HSC member boys and girls ages 7 to 10 years old. Date, cost and hours will be posted at the pool.
- Teen Night (minimum age 11) will be held. “In-Town” guests will be allowed. Date, cost and hours will be posted at the pool.
- “In-Town” Guest Days are for individuals and/or families, regardless of residency. Guest fee is $10 per person, per day. Regular pool hours, 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- “In-Town” guests are allowed at the Adult Steak Night, 8:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
Refreshment Stand Volunteers (suspended for 2021 season)
Anyone, approximately 12 years of age or older, who does not have a membership to HSC, is eligible to work in the refreshment stand for swimming privileges. Refreshment stand volunteers may not bring guests or other members of their family. Anyone interested should call Mrs. Linda Strine, Pool Manager, at 717-566-2604 (office).
- Any individual with medical concerns and/or special needs must be supervised in and out of the water by a responsible person at all times.
- Children wearing swimming vests, inflatable bubbles, swimmies, etc. need parental supervision at all times. Swimmies are not recommended, because they restrict good swimming technique with the arms. Adults should supervise all children, especially non-swimmers.
- If a child is using a floatation device, a parent must supervise the child on the low diving boards and slide. NO floatation devices are allowed on the high diving board.
- If your dues are not paid for two consecutive years, your membership will be terminated.
- To become an active member again, you must obtain a new membership.
- If you miss one year, you must pay the past year’s dues PLUS current year’s dues to remain active.
- Other than the postcard with dues information mailed in the spring of the year to the last known address, there will be no further notification that your membership has been automatically suspended and/or terminated.
- Members on the four-year payment plan must make designated payments for consecutive years until the membership fee is completed.
- If one year is missed, the membership is incomplete and is automatically terminated.
- In order to reactivate the membership, the member must pay the past year’s dues and membership fee plus the current year’s dues and membership fee.
- Payments are not refundable.
- Any child on an active membership who reaches the age of 18, or marries, is automatically removed from the family membership. However, they are eligible to start a new membership at the current membership rates without going on the waiting list. Unmarried children in high school, college, or the military service remain on the membership. Please verify status on the information form if the child is to remain on the membership. Call the pool manager at 717-566-2604 for additional questions.
- HSC does not issue membership cards when yearly dues are paid.
- Your name is your admission and should be given EVERY TIME you enter the pool facility and pass the lifeguard desk. This method of identification is based on a policy of trust, relying on members to follow and help enforce the policy.
- An infraction, such as bringing a non-member in violation of the guest rule, should be reported to the lifeguards (717-566-2368) or the manager (717-566-2604).
- Members who bring ono-members individuals into the pool under their membership will have their guest privileges revoke for the current or upcoming season.
- Violation of the guest rule could put your HSC membership in jeopardy for the current or have it be permanently terminated.
- No one is allowed to wear eyeglasses or sunglasses in the swimming pool at any time.
- It is recommended that swimmers with poor vision or who experience light sensitivity in the water, purchase tinted, prescription swim goggles.
The lifeguarding course WILL be offered at the HSC in 2022 for those seeking employment at the Hummelstown Swim Club. For more information, call Patti Wrightstone, ARC Instructor, 717-576-0404.