Hummelstown Swim Club Annual Newsletter/COVID-19 Guidelines (2024)
Please read each year for updated HSC information
- HSC members who babysit for non-members during the summer are not permitted to bring non-member children to the pool as guests.
- Children with memberships may bring a babysitter (in swimming attire or street clothes) to the pool as a guest, paying the guest fee.
- The babysitter does not have to be a HSC member.
- A babysitter is taking the place of a parent, who should not be present at the pool at the same time.
- When signing the guest log at the desk, a babysitter should sign in as “babysitter” in place of residency.
- Pavilions are available from 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Only adult members may schedule pavilions for parties, outings, etc.
- A non-refundable rental fee of $50 must be made in order to hold the scheduled date.
- All non-member guests (swimming or non-swimming) must pay the current guest fee to use the facilities.
- Know the swimming ability of your guests; supervise non-swimmers at all times.
- In the case of inclement weather or an unforeseen event which does not permit the opening of the pool, pavilion access from the outside entrance will be provided.
- Pavilions may be reserved before the summer season begins starting in March of the current year.
- Prior to Memorial Day Weekend call 717- 566-2604 (manager) to reserve; starting Memorial Day Weekend see the lifeguard at the desk to reserve.
- All party guests must sign in at the front desk, payment for all guests must be paid by end of party.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed!
- You are responsible for your guests the entire time.
- Remember, you are responsible for cleanup after your party. See posted instructions and pavilion rules handout.
- Pavilions may not be reserved on Memorial Day, Relay Invitational, July 4th, or Labor Day.
Smoking and Alcohol
- The HSC is a smoke-free which include e-cigarettes and alcohol-free facility.
- Smoking or use of other tobacco products are not allowed on the premises, including the outside entrances to pavilions.
- The designated area for smoking is outside the main entrance gate ONLY.
- Violators will be suspended indefinitely.
- Please follow the traffic pattern indicated by arrows in the parking lot.
- There are designated handicapped parking spaces for use with disability placard or plate.
- There are designated parking spaces for lifeguards who are on duty.
- Overflow parking will be available on the lower lot (beyond the recreation area), as needed. Please use good discretion on parking patterns.
- Do not park on Kokomo Avenue or in unmarked spaces.
- Basketball, tennis courts, and other recreational areas will be available for members.
- Facility has limited ping pong and pickleball paddles available for use.
- Must bring own tennis equipment.
- Shuffleboard equipment can be borrowed from the front desk.
Hummelstown Swim Team
For more information see the following web site:
- On July 4th and Labor Day, the swim club will provide hot dogs for members that sign up at the front desk prior to the event.
- Late Night Swims will be held for HSC member (and guest) boys and girls ages 7 to 10 years old. Date, cost and hours will be posted at the pool.
- Teen Night (minimum age 11) will be held. “In-Town” guests will be allowed. Date, cost and hours will be posted at the pool
- Adults should supervise all children, especially non-swimmers.
- Any individual with medical concerns and/or special needs must be supervised in and out of the water by a responsible person at all times.
- Children wearing swimming vests, inflatable bubbles, swimmies, etc. need parental supervision at all times. Swimmies are not recommended, because they restrict good swimming technique with the arms.
- If a child is using a floatation device, a parent must supervise the child on the low diving boards and slide; NO floatation devices are allowed on the high diving board.
- If your dues are not paid for two consecutive years, your membership will be terminated.
- To become an active member again, you must obtain a new membership.
- If you miss one year, you must pay the past year’s dues PLUS current year’s dues to remain active.
- Members on the four-year payment plan must make designated payments for consecutive years until the membership fee is completed.
- If one year is missed, the membership is incomplete and is automatically terminated.
- In order to reactivate the membership, the member must pay the past year’s dues and membership fee plus the current year’s dues and membership fee.
- Payments are not refundable.
- Any child on an active membership who reaches the age of 18, or marries, is automatically removed from the family membership. However, they are eligible to start a new membership at the current membership rates. Unmarried children under the age of 23 in college or the military remain on the membership. Please verify status on the information form if the child is to remain on the membership. Call the pool manager at 717-566-2604 for additional questions.
- Anyone else living in the applicant’s home MUST purchase his/her own applicable membership regardless of relationship or age. Cousins, nieces, nephews, grandparents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, babysitters are not eligible for inclusion in a Family Membership.
- HSC does not issue membership cards when yearly dues are paid.
- Your name is your admission and should be given to staff EVERY TIME you enter the pool facility. Staff at the front desk will verify your name and photo saved on the MEMBER SPLASH membership system.
- An infraction, such as bringing a non-member in violation of the guest rule, should be reported to the lifeguards (717-566-2368) or the manager (717-566-2604).
- Members who bring non-member individuals into the pool under their membership will have their guest privileges revoked for the current or upcoming season.
- Violation of the guest rule could put your HSC membership in jeopardy of being terminated.
- No one is allowed to wear eyeglasses or sunglasses in the swimming pool at any time.
- It is recommended that swimmers with poor vision or who experience light sensitivity in the water, purchase tinted, prescription swim goggles.
The lifeguarding course WILL be offered at the HSC in 2024 for those seeking employment at the Hummelstown Swim Club. For more information, call Patti Wrightstone, ARC Instructor, 717-576-0404.