Hummelstown Swim Club 2020 Schedule of Events
Opening Date: Saturday, May 23, 2020
Closing Date: Monday, September 7, 2020
Monday – Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Hours are subject to change at the beginning and the end of the swimming season.
- Hours are subject to change depending on weather and availability of personnel.
- During the two weeks of the Learn-To-Swim program, the pool will open at 1:00 p.m.; see the Learn-To-Swim schedule below.
- Until school closes for the summer, the pool will open at 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with regular hours on weekends.
- Pool opens at 3:00 p.m. on weekdays in August when school begins.
- For home swim meets, the pool will open at 1:00 p.m. Dates will be posted and announced.
- For the Hummelstown Swim Team Relay Invitational, the pool will be closed all day. Date will be posted and announced.
HSC/Rotary Learn-To-Swim Program
June 15 – June 26 9:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
- The pool will open at 1:00 p.m. during Learn-to-Swim Program.
- Rotary Club lunch treat for the volunteers on Wednesday June 24th at noon.
Boys – 9:00 p.m. Saturday, June 27
Girls – 9:00 p.m. Saturday, July 18
- For members– ages 7 to 10 years old.
- Payment of $5 must be made at the time of signing up.
- Bring sleeping bag, air mattress/cot, pillow, sleeping attire, swim suits (2), towels, sweat shirt or other warm cover-up.
- Do not send money; all refreshments are supplied.
- No cell phones, iPods, flashlights, electronic games are allowed.
- Chaperones are selected and are expected to follow explicit instructions on camp out procedures.
- No parents are allowed at the camp out for the express purpose of being there with their child. Recommended parental instruction to child should be, “Have fun and I’ll see you in the morning!”, NOT “Call me!” Parents will be asked to leave the pool and the parking lot, so the camp out can start.
- No telephone calls are to be made to or from the pool between 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m., unless there is an emergency. Calls may ONLY be made by the supervisors of the camp out at their discretion.
- Campers may not be picked up at 12:00-12:30 a.m. to go home to sleep, unless the reason is valid and must be cleared with the supervisor prior to the camp out for approval. e.g. swim meet next morning, leaving in the early hours for vacation. A camper not wanting to stay overnight is not a valid reason.
- Parents should be on time for pickup promptly at 7:00 a.m.
Guest Days (No Rain Dates)
“In-Town” guests (with in the 15 mile radius) allowed for $6 per guest/per day.
- Wednesday, July 1
- Wednesday, July 15
- Wednesday, July 29
- Wednesday, August 5
Saturday, August 8 8:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
- “In-Town” guests allowed.
- Rain or shine.
- Pool closes at 7:00 p.m.
- Cost: To be announced.
- See the lifeguards at the front desk to sign up.
Friday, July 10 9:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Cost: $2.
- Minimum age 11 years old.
- “In-Town” guests allowed.
Cover Dish Socials
Along with a covered dish, please bring your own plates, cups, bowls, silverware and beverage.
Saturday, July 4th 5:00 p.m.
- Water games and contests at approximately 2:00 p.m.
- Covered Dish Social starts at 5:00 p.m.
Monday, September 7th (Labor Day) 5:00 p.m.
Hummelstown Swim Team Jack Goepfert Memorial Relay Invitational
Monday, June 22
- Pool will be closed all day.
Hummelstown Swim Team Mock Meet
TBA – Lap pool will close early.